Pages

Tuesday 27 May 2014

Beating the Heat: Dreaming of Cooler Times and Cooler Places

It's been such a hard winter to endure this year…so why am I so apprehensive about a heated summer?

Left, middle, right
I guess I just can't stand the idea of not being able to add layers and keep out fluffy duvets and throws.

Also, my reasoning for hating on summer: in winter you can at least jump around, put on more layers, and light a simple fire to get warmer. Summer leaves me wanting to peel my own skin off—it's inescapable (sorry AC, you're just not good enough).

Since the heat affects me so, I know popular places like Florida and California will never be my home. I need my four seasons, I can live with six months of parkas but I can't live with anything over 30ÂșC for very long. Canada is good to me for all that.

I'd move to wild and beautiful B.C., by the ocean, lakes and mountains in a heartbeat if it weren't for the natural disaster aspect… *sigh*

(Aw, look, these asterisks look just like little snow flakes ****)

Where's a girl to go?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Come on over and share your thoughts and ideas here! :)