Pages

Saturday 23 August 2014

Merciless Mystery

source

I almost drowned once.
And I became, you know, scared of water.
But then I fell in love with pirates last summer.

source

I watched a Pirates of the Caribbean film which led me to doing some research on pirates which led me to filling up page after page in my sketchbook with pirates which led me to singing "Hoist the Colours" all the day, everyday.

left, right

And soon enough, the sea went from being an angry, unforgiving and merciless mystery to an angry, unforgiving and merciless mystery—that also beckons to us, offering adventures to far off lands and undiscovered worlds. This Earth of ours is mostly water right? It's amazing, then, how little we know of these great oceans that surrounds us then.

source

So, last year I learned it makes little sense to hate on water. And now I love it.
Ok, I lie. I mean, I love it, but I still fear it. A lot. But that's probably for the best, when it comes to us humans.

left, right

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Come on over and share your thoughts and ideas here! :)